2.19.2016

But don't forget the songs that made you smile And the songs that made you cry...

image
Music is the best! Sometimes I think I like too much but is that really possible? I think not. This whole blog could easily just be about music but I like to give my dear readers some variety :) I just read Milla's post about making lists and decided I'd make some of my own. Now before you read my lists be aware that there are obviously a lot more songs I could add to each one. These are just the first songs that came to mind. And now that I'm typing this I'm reminded of why I don't like making these! I feel like they're set in stone and that makes me crazy but I am a little crazy when it come to music so...

>> 3 Songs That Make Me Cry <<

Into The Mystic- Van Morrison

Racing In The Street- Bruce Springsteen

Sunday Morning Coming Down- Johnny Cash's version on the album Classic Cash Hall of Fame Series


>> 5 Songs That Make Me Smile <<

Summer Breeze- Seals and Croft

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow- Frank Zappa (Of course, most Zappa makes me smile)

The Cover Of The Rolling Stone- Dr. Hook

Mama Told Me (Not To Come)- Three Dog Night

Saturday Night- Bay City Rollers (this was my ringtone on my first phone. It was awesome!)


>> 4 Songs/Bands You Might Be Surprised I Like <<

Waterfalls- TLC

Sound System- Operation Ivy- Their one album is so good!

Egg Man- Beastie Boys- I love the Beastie Boys and saw them several times when I was in High School. Egg Man is one of my favorite songs and the video for Sabotage is pure genius!

Don Giovanni:Il Mio Tessoro- John McCormack- I've acquired I love for opera in the last 5-6 years. I always thought I didn't like it but I guess I was wrong. Or maybe I'm just old now :)


>> 5 Songs I HATE <<

Walking On Sunshine- Katrina And The Waves- My dislike for this song is deep and strong!

Lump- The Presidents of The United States of America - I hate the song, I hate band, I hate the band's stupid name, I hate the song title!

Tubthumping- Chumbawumba - I think the band name and song title sum everything up!

Mony Mony- Billy Idol - I like Billy Idol but I can't stand this song!

The Sign- Ace of Base- YUCK!!!

Please share some songs in the comments! I especially want to know the songs you dislike :)

♥ anne

5 comments :

  1. Haha, I love this post! A song that has always given me utter chills of hatred (for whatever reason?!) is "Little Miss Can't be Wrong" by the Spin Doctors, and maybe any other song by them too. Other than that I seem to have an oddly high tolerance for bad music, have been known to shed tears to very dorky pop songs, and can't resist dancing to Robyn. Darin is constantly appalled at my strange affection for pop music, which usually rears its head during the spring and early summer. I do reserve my strongest most special love and appreciation for actual GOOD music. (Tom Waits).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh! That Spin Doctors song! Ruben and I laugh every time we hear it! It's the the other one though, and the only part we sing is, "and if you want to buy me flowers, just go ahead now" we just repeat that part over and over hahahah!

      I like some dorky pop songs too, so you're not alone! I recently found this 80's soft rock station that plays the worst/best love songs, it's SO AWESOME!

      Delete
  2. I'll have to come back to this. OMG.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many I love, but to name just a few: John Riley sung by Joan Baez; Grace sung by Anthony Kearns; Come Thou Fount sung by the Tabernacle Choir; Schubert's Trout; Here Comes the Sun sung by the Beatles; Galway Bay sung by Bing Crosby; Woodstock sung by Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young; The Sound of Silence sung by Disturbed; American Pie by Don McLean; The Pony Man sung by Gordon Lightfoot; Maui Hawaiian Superman sung by Kamakawiwo'ole; Fire and Rain sung by James Taylor; Snowblind Friend sung by Steppenwulf; Seminole Wind sung by John Anderson......eclectic, aren't we? I enjoy reading your blog very much. Get Over It and most everything sung by the Eagles. Can't think of the songs I dislike, except to say I have no use for songs where a lyric is repeated more than three times in a row. That leaves out most of Doo Wop and Rock and Roll. I like a song to go somewhere, like, those sung by Woodie Guthrie. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures, fashions, etc., with us. Kathie in Odessa, WA

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the Beasties!! You saw them , OMG lucky you!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne