1.04.2016

Year's End

Hi there! It's been a while! December, Christmas, birthdays, New Year...they've all come and gone. We had a nice holiday break filled with food, drinks, music, friends, family and the typical stress that goes along with such occasions. The highlight of the month was getting to see my sister out of the convent. Unfortunately it was due to our Dad being extremely sick (he's doing much better now) but it was SO good to hug her and be with her for a whole day! So, without further ado I give you our December in photos.
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled

IMG_6020
IMG_6049
Untitled
I made a few bottles of infused mugwort oil for gifts.
collage
Ruben played a solo show and it was so great! I'm so proud of him and his music! This was such a fun night. That's my mom with me there. She's not only a wonderful mother but she's also super fun to hang with!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Ruben's birthday is two days after Christmas and this year I made him a lemon meringue pie. I've never made one before and I was very pleased with how yummy it was!
Untitled
Why are we smiling so big? Well let me tell ya! I had just watched a barn owl soaring over the field and I was on cloud nine! I'm always on the lookout for owls, scanning the trees, looking for their outline so watching one hunt not only made me squeal with joy but it left this smile on my face. Haha! It doesn't take much people!
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
Untitled
On Saturday we went out to Calico with friends to explore. It was a great day and very cold!
Untitled
Our oldest son recently visited my cousin up in Portland and went to Powell's and came home with these wonderful books for us (and him). He knows us well and I might add that he has great taste in music!
Untitled
There you have it. Bits of the last month in pictures. I hope this new year is off to a good start for you! Thanks for reading along here and I hope 2016 treats us all well :)

♥ anne

6 comments :

  1. beautiful! and owls - ah, is there anything better out there?!:))
    xx,
    V

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always nice to see you in this space. Your whole family is chocked full of great. The fact that Ruben pursues music. Your son's book choices. Your bird watching and medicine making. And a sister who is the definition of devotion. It's all beautiful. Every last bit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful human you are! I feel lucky to "know" you through these platforms. Such a lovely post of an even lovelier family! Much love in 2016

    ReplyDelete
  4. Every one of these photos are incredible. Happy new year, and I'm so glad your dad is feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed! ;) No but seriously, this post was just the perfect mix of sunshine, babes, crafts and owls! I'm always happy to see you here. You inspire me so much with your works. Keep coming back. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Don't you love those sapsuckers!!

    I love all these photos, each one feels like a nourishing meal. (And how proud were you to see your son's selection in books?!)

    Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne