10.09.2013

Weekly Quote

An early morning walk is a blessing for the whole day.~ Henry David Thoreau

Our first morning in Georgia I awoke early and was incredibly excited to have some time alone before the rest of cabin got up. We had arrived late the night before so I was looking forward to checking out the area in daylight. When I stepped outside I was completely overjoyed! I watched the fog roll through the valley, took a short walk up to the barn, watched the sun come up over the mountains and listened to the birds. Oh the birds! Judging from their songs I think they were enjoying the morning even more than I was. I took a little video which is below but it doesn't do them justice or capture how loud they were. 
IMG_8704
IMG_8713
IMG_8710

An early morning walk is indeed a blessing for the whole day!

♥ anne

9 comments :

  1. How pretty! I'm excited for your Georgia & Tennessee trip photos, as I miss those parts something awful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! What a blessing that whole place must have been, for more than just a day! So good to see another landscape in another morning...I feel more spacious, less tunnel-visioned. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh anne, you are so wonderful. thank you for sharing such wonder with us.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful!! Just curious: What kind of camera do you use?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos! Tennessee is one of my most favorite places to visit. We have vacationed there many times.

    xo,
    Nell
    mamanellie.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like beautiful country. And can't those birds be loud. I always think of the Song Sing to the Mountains, This is the day the Lord has made. I image that is what they are singing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet little virtual trip. Having never been to Tennessee, this is a total treat.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I'd love see more photos. What I saw of the wedding (on facebook maybe?) looked lovely. What a fun family trip.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne