8.01.2012

the grizzly giant

grizzly giant
we are back from our amazing trip to yosemite. i have so much to say and many pictures to share, but my post vacation laundry, bills, grocery shoppping, ect... are not allowing me to write a full post. so, i thought i'd at least post this picture of the Grizzly Giant in Mariposa Grove. this was our last stop before leaving yesterday and what a way to end the trip! i had not been to Mariposa Grove since junior high and let me tell ya, it was such an incredible sight to behold. the giant sequoia is between 1900-2400 years old! just contemplating that is mind boggling not to mention it's tremendous height and width. the miracles of nature never cease to amaze me!  

i'll be back tomorrow with more!

♥anne

4 comments :

  1. Wow! It has been a total dream of mine to visit the Redwoods-- and at 32, I still have not been! Thanks for the inspiration. Can't wait to see more pictures from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm so glad you were able to make it up there this summer! That tree is incredible, nice job with the puzzle pics, btw :D

    Ah, the daunting task of vacation blogging, I know it well ;) Looking forward to hearing more about your trip though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so beautiful and powerful. loving your instagram updates sweet lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Big Trees! That's all. I can't wait for your post.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne