2.25.2010

weekly quote

We cannot prevent the birds of sorrow from flying over our heads, but we can refuse to let them build their nests in our hair.
- Chinese Proverb

hat-thrifted/dress-thrifted/bag-thrifted/shoes-thrifted/cuff-thrifted

Today I am in a funk! I thought perhaps wearing this lovely new dress would lift my spirits. I really liked it when I saw it, but after briefly putting it on for these photos, I'm REALLY loving it! Is it absolutely necessary to sell it? I'm on the fence at this point. What do you think?
Moving on to an item I have no choice in keeping, these adorable 1960s mary jane's. They too, are new to the shop. Why do my feet have to be so big?! It seems like with each child, they grow bigger. What's the deal? Anyway, if you are as fond of these as I am, please feel free to snatch them up.

I just realized that my entire outfit is thrifted!
Anyhoo, come on over to a cup full of sunshine vintage and see all the new goodies!

anne

13 comments :

  1. I looove that outfit. The dress is gorgeous.. perfect shape and fabric. I like the photo of a snail :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for your comment !
    i loooove the first outfit ! wonderful dress !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean, my feet are so huge compared to vintage shoes. I love the dress, it suits you so well.

    Thanks for the quote, I needed something like that today:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I say keep the dress! I like the proverb you chose as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep the dress!!! It looks so cute on you! I'm not a fan of Mr. Snail but I've got some S.S.S's here that could take him out in a heart beat! (In the most loving way of course)! hehe

    GREAT shoes too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey gorgeous, lovely outfit and great quote.
    Guess my only phobia? snails brrrrrrrr


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwww that picture of the snail is too cute! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. definitely keep this dress, you look too lovely in it to give it up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this!! Its so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The dress looks so pretty on you, especially with the straw hat and it's so perfect for spring, I say keep!

    I hope it was successful in bringing you out of your funk too :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. No no no! Don't sell it! You look amazing!!!! in it.
    Love the quote.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a beautiful photo Anne. You looks so very vintage.

    Lulu Letty

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne