8.21.2015

24 Hours In Joshua Tree

Last week Ruben and I got away for the night to celebrate my birthday. We crammed one hell of a good time into 24 hours! Of course, that's kinda what you have to do when you have 5 kids and are never alone. We soaked in the sun, lounged in cool water, drank many beers, watched the sunset, stargazed (more on that in a minute), listened to the coyotes howling, watched the sun rise, went out to eat for breakfast! and thoroughly enjoyed each others company!
IMG_5446
image

IMG_5436
IMG_5425
IMG_5423
image
IMG_5438
IMG_5454
image
image
We were lucky to be there on a new moon and it was the night after the big meteor shower so the night sky was incredible! We saw a bunch of meteors and sat under the stars for a long time. All in all it was a terrific trip and a much needed break from home. A big thanks to my mom for watching all the kids and the generous birthday gifts (aka money) from my family which made our trip possible :)

We stayed here and ate at the yummy Crossroads Cafe.

♥ anne

4 comments :

  1. Sounds like a nice trip, and romantic! I've always wanted to go to Joshua Tree. Can't wait to get some alone time with my husband too, feels like its been forever. Did you camp? I always think of Gram parsons and his stay at the Joshua Tree Inn.

    I don't usually comment but I have been a long time reader. Love your blog, words and photos. Thanks for sharing here.
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for commenting! It's always exciting to learn about a new/ long time reader. I always think of Gram too, and it was more like glamping. I think fall would have been a better time for that location because it was pretty hot! I hope to hear from you again when you feel inspired to comment :)

      Delete
  2. Hot damn, mama! I miss your sweet self so much and am so happy for these words and pictures and for your happy face! Lots of love, though looks like you have plenty already! <3

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne