11.19.2013

day off

IMG_9198
Yesterday Ruben had the day off so we headed down to the beach to hang out for a while before we had to pick Alex up at school. We checked out the tide pools and watched Shane and Marianne frolic about. It's really enjoyable during the off season when there are hardly any people there and reminded me that beach outings aren't only for the summer.

My soup kick continues and tonight I'm going to make Curried Sweet Potato Soup (recipe found here). A couple weeks ago I tried this recipe and absolutely loved it. After reading about Mary's Fire Cider, I plan on making that as well seeing as how I've had an on and off sinus infection for over month :( Hopefully it will help keep any upcoming winter sicknesses away. I don't know what the deal is but when I'm pregnant I get sick pretty easily. I've been eating healthfully and exercising almost daily so hopefully that will help keep me feeling good over the next few months. We'll see!

I hope your week is off to great start!

♥ anne

2 comments :

  1. Actually......as much as I love the salty spray when it's hot and Sunny, I prefer the beach when it's quieter and grey out. It's kind of moody when the weather is like that. Hooray for days off work too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh man, my comment didn't show up because I guess I wasn't logged in properly. Oh well. Just wanted to say it makes me miss the beach. I like how empty it is during the colder seasons, but it's just that: too cold for me. I'm a wimp :)

    That beach really is the best though. can't believe i didn't know about it till this summer!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne