10.20.2010

buckets of rain...buckets of tomatoes


Buckets of rain
Buckets of tears
Got all them buckets coming out of my ears
Buckets of moonbeams in my hand
You got all the love honey baby
I can stand.
-Bob Dylan,
Buckets of Rain

There was not only buckets of rain today but...buckets of tomatoes as well!



I received a bunch of tomatoes from my sister last weekend. So many that I was unsure just what to do with all of them. I decided to give jarring a try. I ended up making tomato sauce (as you see above) and I also made tomato soup last night. There's nothing like warm soup on a rainy night! The jarring went well and I'd definitely do it again. I still have some left so I'm thinking of just jarring them like stewed tomatoes or something. Anyone have any advice for me? I'd love to hear it :D
I recently thrifted this cute babydoll dress. I'm loving the fall colors in it. I tried to get a close up of the fabric but, it was too dark. It has a sweet little floral pattern on it. I paired it with my boots, my only rain friendly shoes.
Today I'm off to the midwife for a check up and hopefully a due date!

Have a great Wednesday!
♥ anne

9 comments :

  1. you are looking absolutely radiant and i love your farmish activities. i've always wanted to learn preserving tecniques; the only thing i've done is blackberry jam which was very fun. lucky you to get all that rain! we had about one day of it, and nowhere near buckets. good luck with the appointment. can't wait to hear more about that little sprout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh canning! I really want to get into canning, but don't have the money to start buying cans or produce to do so. That dress is cute, you look lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The browns are so pretty with your coloring. I new you were going to be one of those radiant pregnant women. The dress is adorable and I'm loving the belted belly look!

    We've had lots of tomatoes lately too. You can also freeze the tomato sauce in usable quantities instead of jarring it. That's what Lucas did recently. If you've got room in the freezer, it's a little less labor intensive. The jars look so lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jarring is such a sweet old timey kind of thing! My grandmother used to can and jar fruits and veggies. Did you make the tomato basil soup again? Think I'm due for some more of that! YUM! :D Your belly is looking adorable, can't wait to hear what the midwife says!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are looking lovely! Congratulations on the pregnancy :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is a lovely outfit! beautiful pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmmm yum tomato sauce. nice one. I love your cowboy boots they go really nicely with the babydoll dress too. Plus they kinda make the dress which is pretty and cutesy look edgy and cool. hope you are well and getting ready for the colder months ahead of you :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're SO beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne