3.25.2010

spanish cape of spanish leather

look at the amazing green liner!

Lovin' my new felt hat. I added the feathers for a more 70's look.

...and, just so you don't think I take myself too seriously...

Well, if you, my love, must think that-a-way
I'm sure your mind is roarmin'
I'm sure your thoughts are not with me
But with the country to where you're goin'.

So take heed, take heed of the western wind
Take heed of the stormy weather
And yes, there's something you can send back to me
Spanish boots of Spanish leather.

Bob Dylan-Boots of Spanish Leather

I'm so excited to introduce my new black leather cape. Isn't it RAD?! You wanna know what's even better? It was $10 at an estate sale!!!! Maybe it's just me, but I've never seen one like this. Regardless, I seriously think it is one of a kind and can't wait to incorporate it into my wardrobe.

Another new edition is my felt hat. It's navy ...I know, blue and black don't really go together, but I'm not very concerned with rules. I added the feathers (from a cowboy hat I have), as I said above, to give it more of 70s feel. I plan on wearing them as a bandanna as well, for a fun hippie/indian look.

♥ anne

30 comments :

  1. I love the hat! This is look is really dramatic. It makes me want a cape ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen a cape like that. It's totally rad. The look reminds me of a Bohemian Zorro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such an incredible find! I like the picture of the green leaf with ladybird.. just like the green lining :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bookmarked your blog.... it is lovely!!! And, I love that cape!! Much love sweet lady. xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cape but more than anything I love the hat. its gorgeous just like you. Have a wonderful day. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really really like the cape. And I dont mind blue and black. I like it together.

    Twila
    blog.twilasvintageclothing.com

    PS. Thanks for visiting me! We will be updating alot more items very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anne!
    can i have the hat???? ;)))
    i lost mine...

    ReplyDelete
  8. No way! What a lucky find! Great photos as well. JEALOUS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That cape is incredible. Just when I thought it couldn't get better I see the photo with the lining. GREAT find :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cape is adorable and I'm in love with the hat!
    xxx
    Giovanna
    www.bohomarket.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are such gorgeous photos, the mood is perfect :D

    Love,
    Aya ♥ Strawberry Koi Blog

    ReplyDelete
  12. that cape is rad.

    as is the feather band you added to your hat.

    ReplyDelete
  13. A good pick indeed! I love the green lining under it :) And love the ladybug shot- creeping her way over the leaf!

    Let's go play- desert time chick :)!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have never seen anything like that before. How fantastic. That hat is cool too.

    ReplyDelete
  15. those pictures are wow! i absolutely love your blog. must foolow

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love it!!! the hat and cape are amazing!! Great pictures! I love the 70s!
    -Bego
    I'll follow thee now for i'm in awe for these vintage finds of magnificence!
    http://thestylegrabber.blogspot.com/
    be my fantastic follower? :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really love that cape! Great photos!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a treasure! It's such a perfect statement piece and you look stunning in it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. it looks really nice, i reaally want a cape now;) i love the effect you've used on these photos too :)

    www.clothespuppet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the feathers in the hat... they add a bit of subtle color.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Ohmigosh your style is phenomenal - I can't help but to think of Penny Lane from "Almost Famous." So gorgeous!

    And a leather cape...is there anything more magical? I have forever wanted a cape myself - they hold so much mystery!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This is awesome Anne. You are so rockin' the seventies looks lately and that cape is so badass. Love the feathers on the hat and that last pic is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh you are so pretty and you have beautiful hair.

    love the 70s inspired feel and cant wait to see you rocking your feather bandana xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. dear goodness you look incredible! i loooooove the cape and the hat! What a find!
    xo,
    claire


    Mamushka Marie

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne