12.30.2009

Very Vinyl

Oh how it feels good to have a record player again. When Ruben and I first started dating, we spent many hours on the floor listening to records. The first time he was at my house, he heard Kiss Kiss Bang Bang by Specimen playing (I was still coming out of my gothic days :D) and he laughed said that he had that album on vinyl. From then on we would hang out and listen to music together. Things haven't changed much, in that area, in the last 12 years (holy moly...I can't believe we've been together that long). We've gone through a few record players and went many years without one at all, but now we're back baby!
After I bought the player I immediately went out to the Goodwill in search of some new records to add to our collection. Boy, did I find some winners.
I have a deep love for the Boss. Here I am making eyes at him. Bruce I want to be your Wendy or Mary!!! Do you think he heard me?
These are my new, handmade fingerless gloves that I got for Christmas. Aren't they cute?!

Does anyone remember this video? For some reason I can't help thinking about it when listening to records.
It's almost 2010! My list of resolutions are being written up and will be featured in a post soon. I just thought if I posted them I'd have a better chance of actually sticking to them. We'll see.

anne

13 comments :

  1. Yes I remember Brim full of Asha by Cornershop!! Infact I remember almost every word hahaha. Brings back so many memories :) I didn't realise it was known over in the US too! I love your fingerless gloves - they're so much more convenient than standard gloves aren't they? The photo of you and Bruce is so cute. I wonder what my husband would say if I did the same with my idol Ronan Keating (do you know him over there?) He's already going to his concert with me next year. I think he's had to accept that he's the other man in my life ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that vinyls pic! And you and Bruce make a cute couple! :o)

    How brave of you to post up your resolutions! I have some but I don't know if I will post them for all the world to see!

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so awesome that u got a record player:) looks like u have a great collection! love the pic of u and bruce hehe:D thanks again for dropping by my blog:)

    TheOwlsCloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute Glove and Cute Picture! :)

    Have a Happy New Years and New Years Eve,

    -Coco from Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  5. ohh i love listening to vinyl. my boyfriend got me a kinks vinyl for chrsitmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gasp! I'm totally jealous of your player. And your bangs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't bought any LPs in such a long time! I've bought a few 7"s here and there at shows but it's been ages since I've purchased a full vinyl album. My record player broke a few years ago and I just haven't replaced it yet. Yours looks so small and awesome! Is it a portable?

    My brother just bought a Fisher Price record player that has built-in speakers that actually works pretty well; I was srsly impressed. I need to get one of my own!

    Happy New Year's!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun post! I have 2 records I saved from when my parent got rid of their collection. Shirley Temple and The Singing Nun (nice cover art). Not nearly as cool as your collection!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh you lucky girl! We have one, but its missing a crucial part. I love vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  10. awwww i love the pic with Bruce!!!!!
    nice vinyl btw, he he...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay vinyl! I was very fortunate to acquire a free record player a few years ago, and it's been such a good thing to have around. For some reason, listening to records feels like an activity rather than just having on some background music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice haul! Isn't it amazing what vinyl goldmines thrift stores can be?!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have some but I don't know if I will post them for all the world to see!

    beyonce video

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne