12.18.2009

Feeling HOT HOT HOT!!!


Here is one of my favorite dresses that I thrifted this summer. I love everything about it. The print, the crochet detail on the chest and the fact that it fits me perfectly. You may be wondering why I am wearing a summer dress in December, well I'll tell ya. It was almost 80 degrees today! This is something that upsets me greatly. It's very hard to get in a Christmas spirit with hot weather! I want to be wearing scarves, tights, coats, boots... but if I did I would be sweating up a storm. Oh well, what the heck can I do?
The second photo is of me and my honey. I just found that shirt he has on at The Goodwill a few weeks ago. I love it and I think he looks pretty darn cute in it.



These are pictures of our Christmas Village. This is a tradition that was started when I was a girl and has now been passed down to my kiddies. It is quite an ordeal to get everything up, but definitely worth it. This year it had to be scaled down a bit because of Shane AKA Mr Destructo. Also, maybe you noticed we only have tree decorations on the top half of the tree. Yep, that's because of him as well. Let me tell ya, he is something else!
So, do you have Christmas traditions that you do each year? I'd love to hear about them.

♥ anne

p.s. I have been sooo sick the past two days. I hope you all are feeling well because being sick stunk in a major way :(
p.p.s. Thanks so much for all the great comments I've gotten lately. You guys are the best :)

16 comments :

  1. Oh you look darling in that dress! It does fit you perfectly. Wow, in the 80's! I wish, luckily when I go home to Florida next week it should be warmer than here:)

    Your christmas village is a really nice tradition. Happy Holidays and I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great dress! Navy and white polka dots, how perfect. What a cute couple you two make!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, you look so marvelous! Your hair, your dress! You are too adorable.

    That is so funny that you just have the top of the tree decorated! We had tons of traditions as kids but my husband and I are working on coming up with our own little by little. My suggestions all seem to incorporate sweets, for some reason... :o)

    iamemmamusic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. the photo with your man pal is so cute! I love how you always put out such a happy 70s hippie vibe! and I love that you love thrifting like me!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. i told my hubby we shouldnt even bother with a tree and a 1 year old, but apparently thats kind of bah-humgub... we also will only decorate the top. i even thought maybe we should somehow tie it to the wall!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is a really pretty dress - what a find! I'm so jealous of your weather - I've been fr-fr-freeeezing today! Hope you're feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. this dress is so lovely. you look very cute

    ReplyDelete
  8. what a cute couple <3

    ReplyDelete
  9. aw these pictures are adorable... love the vintage effect :)++

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute dress! I wish it would warm up where I am a little... the warmest we've had lately is something in the 40s.

    I love your Christmas village! So far the only tradition my husband and I have is to pick out a new ornament for the tree together each year. :) I'm following your blog as well now!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your dress is so lovely. You and your husband make such a gorgeous couple.

    lululetty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. You two are adorable! I love the dress for the holiday season! What a great christmas village!


    -Coco From Our Paper Moon

    ReplyDelete
  13. my gosh, those pics of Chistmas Village are adorable!!!
    Happy holidays dear Anne!
    hope you'll get well soon.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a wonderful little tradition that is! and you are defo HOT HOT HOT stuff in that little number. you and your sweetheart are adorable xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. That dress is so beautiful; you have a wonderful Peggy Lipton vibe in these photos, with the straight hair and 60s cast of the light. So inspiring! I think you are just darling here!

    xx

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for stopping by. please feel free to leave a comment! i love reading them :)


anne